Emily at Chatting at the skysuggest that we take the time to notice the JOY in everyday. Today we had to stay home because Macey was not feeling well. We just laid around and did nothing it was great. I am always busy making sure I provide experiences and opportunities I sometimes miss the best moments, and always in a "hurry" to get to these experiences and opportunities I find everyone on edge and fussy. So my JOY in today was laying in the bed and cuddling with these three. (this is not a picture from today but from our last camping trip)
This is some of the JOYFUL things I got to hear:
- Preparing Kale for our visit to Santa I did a little role playing.
Me: Kale Santa will say Ho Ho Ho what do you want for Christmas
Kale: a toy
Me: what kind
Kale: a free wheeler
Me: What is that? (of course I knew, but did he?)
Kale: it go vroooooom roooooom
On the second time through he said a BAY BAY (baby doll) I asked what it did, and he answered Wah wah!
Wheel reminded me of another JOY when he said: My God shall supply all your needs. Philippians 4:19
Needless to say we may cut a few of our holiday plans out and just take the time to snuggle.







3 comments:
This is so excellent. It is hard to imagine a day when my little ones will no longer want to snuggle. I want to purpose to take every opportunity to do so with them now, as you have done. Thank you for sharing this sweet exchange between you and your little one. What a blessing.
Love me some snuggles! These are the best kind of moments, and so often I miss them!
I love your post! And the "free wheel". LOL Too cute! Happy Holidays!
Post a Comment