Sunday, September 28, 2008

NOT ME MONDAY

THE FOUNDER OF NOT ME MONDAYS
I absolutely did not "play" all weekend and disregard all school work.

I also did not (for the second time in eight years) pay a babysitter so we could have an uninterrupted dinner at a nice restaurant.

I didn't get a huge waffle cone (dipped in chocolate and sprinkles) filled with Ben and Jerry's Cake Batter ice cream while my kids were at home with a babysitter.

We also did not take our camper to a campsite to sit for a month just so we will have a place for the one day Halloween extravaganza, and it will not cost a small fortune to sit there unoccupied for most of the time.

I also did not buy my daughter an Auburn cheerleading outfit because I have always been an Alabama fan and also went to college there.

I did not let my two year olds diaper stay on so long that his clothes were soaking wet because I would never forget to change his diaper even when we are riding bicycles at the park.

I also did not forget to video tape my eight year olds first sols bike ride.
And I did not because I would never drop my child off at a birthday party in the mall ( at build a Bear) and walk around all alone enjoying just being alone.





3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dinner at a nice resturant without the kids is really a good idea.. I bet the kids had fun with the sitter..

Your kids are adorable.. I love your header..

Gayle said...

Wow! Twice in eight years? You should do more!

Katina said...

Anita,
I am glad that you and Joey did not enjoy a meal out alone without the kids and that you did not enjoy of things that you deny doing. Sometimes not doing things are necessary!!

Oh, look at lot 244 I think for Julianna and us at Tannehill. They are too not stationed there for a month waiting on Halloween!

Love ya,
Katina
(coach) LOL!